Friday, March 21, 2014

Aunt Jerris' Water Color" La Famille"

My Aunt Jerris was such a wonderful lady.  She was an RN, like myself, and loved to paint in watercolor.  She took our Acadian life and gave us some memories.  This is of a family of crawfish entitled "La Famille" which means" the family" in French and they are by their little mud house. I will also post a picture of her watercolor : "Echapper" which means the one that got away (the crawfish, that is, they are sneaky). In Louisiana we love crawfish.  Crawfish etouffee, crawfish bisque, crawfish pie, and of course boiled crawfish, just to name a few. I will have to post these recipes soon, along with Aunt Jerris' cornbread recipe.  I am putting together a cookbook with handed down recipes of both my Acadian French and Italian relatives. Thank you Aunt Jerris for reminding me of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment